Jump to content

Entering US Partnership income/loss

Recommended Posts

Is it possible (and if it is, what is the procedure) to enter US Partnership Income/Loss in the online version - or any ufile version? US Partnerships do not issue T5013 forms and do not have "tax shelter numbers" but the income/loss should still show up on the same line in the tax return as Canadian partnerships (I believe it's line 12200).


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello LarryS,

IF IRS K-1 form 1065 from a US Limited Partnership
You have a choice - (1) T5013 and convert USD to Canadian, or (2) use the Foreign Income Group and report each income stream according to the income type, allocate the least US tax payable on across the income streams.
 Partner’s Instructions for Schedule K-1 (Form 1065) (2023) | Internal Revenue Service
Partner’s Instructions for Schedule K-1 (Form 1065) - Introductory Material Future Developments What’s New

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Geo123! How do I use the T5013 option though since it forces you to put in a partnership ID number (going from memory it says "tax shelter number" or something like that) but US partnerships don't have that number. Is there a standard "placeholder" number that I should use, like the partnership's EIN (IRS registration number)? Thanks again! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...