Français

CCB for newcomers

I understand that CCB is not allowed for family who are in Canada for less than 18 months.  However, Ufile calculates CCB for resident with child who are in Canada for less than a year.  Did I do something wrong?  How do I prevent that?  Thank you.

Hello tmh,

You should complete the Immigrant Section

image.png

Who can get the Canada child benefit

You must meet all of the following conditions:

You live with a child who is under 18 years of age
    You are primarily responsible for the care and upbringing of the child

See who is primarily responsible
    You are a resident of Canada for tax purposes
    You or your spouse or common-law partner must be any of the following:
        a Canadian citizen
        a permanent resident
        a protected person
        a temporary resident who has lived in Canada for the previous 18 months, and who has a valid permit in the 19th month other than one that states "does not confer status" or "does not confer temporary resident status"
        an individual who is registered, or entitled to be registered under the Indian Act

If the 18 months of continuous residency criteria has not been met or your permit has a remark stating "does not confer status" or "does not confer temporary resident status", your application will only be used to register the child(ren) for the GST/HST credit and other programs administered by the CRA. You will need to re-apply for the CCB once you meet all of the conditions.

Thank you for your reply.  I did declare in the Immigrant section, and also got CCB (please see below).  This is an example on tax year 2022.  Your advice is greatly appreciated.

image.png.63849e4d523316aa5ab0204d74d19d00.png

image.png.18c6c334ca09488b47061f3f5a351a66.png

Hello,

I just found out (from Youtube) that I also need to select "No" at "Estimated Calculations: Do you wish to have the estimated calculation for the Canada Child Benefit), under "Control" section.  After select that option, the CCB will not show on the tax report.  Please confirm that this is correct.  Thank you so much.

image.thumb.png.a10a0a17dc93ec5c14e66983281b049d.png