Français
Due to regular system maintenance the system will not be accessible Saturday, May 4th, 2024 between 4:30 am – 5:30 am EST. ×

Rental property income and expenses in another jurisdiction than province of residence

Hossain

I am using Ufile software for personal tax return. I would like to know how to enter rental income and expenses for another province than where i am residing. For example: I live in Gatineau, Qc. I bought a property which is rented in Ontario. Now how do i enter data for this property. I click in maple leaf icon in ufile, but what to enter left cell, and what to enter right cell. Appreciate any response. Thank you.

Thank you Geo123 for your response.
So what I understood is that I should declare income/expense in my residence province, even though the rental property is located in another province. In T776 I should declare the address of the rental unit. I was confused about the following snapshot, once I clicked the maple leaf (click to enter a different value for another Jurisdiction) icon. I shouldn't click it.  The same goes for declaring expenses. Thank you for your support.

image.png.953a05bf0e184de988b810bcd1271dc2.png

Hello Hossain,

You are welcome.

*Declare income/expense in my residence province -- correct as per your province of residence on Dec. 31

*Click to enter a different value for another Jurisdiction icon. I shouldn't click it.- - correct is only used if the values are different

What about business income in another province? I had some and entered the address and the program has created a multi jurisdiction form but generated all sorts of errors because the business and other income don’t agree with my net income. The deductions for tranfer if pension to spouse and carrying charged are left out by the program and it won’t file. Thanks 

Hello ArleneJM,

UFile supports multi-jurisdiction (and is certified by the CRA) and the application of credits.  There is an issue with your file.

Please contact UFile Support so we may review the file confidentially. Please include above note.
Please open a request ticket and submit an anonymous file for review on-line at https://www.ufile.ca/contact/contact-us