Français

Multigenerational Home Reno credit - Schedule 12

Looking for assistance - already email Ufile but no response.

I have a client who is eligible to claim the Refundable MHRTC.

I've populated the information the Ufile screen under "other deductions and credits", but when I move to the 'review' tab - their refund value doesn't change.  Further to that, when I review the T1 tax return, Schedule 12 has not been created either.

I've done the following:
a) ufile updates
b) deleted the page and completed it again
c) deleted the whole tax file for the client and restarted
d) watched the youtube video published by Ufile

Can somebody confirm if they are having the same problem or tell me if I'm doing something incorrectly?

28 minutes ago, Geo123 said:

Hello pardnme,

We would have to see the file - there is an error in the data entry.  Please contact UFile Support so we may review the file confidentially. Please include above note.
Please open a request ticket and submit an anonymous file for review on-line at https://www.ufile.ca/contact/contact-us

So, I've tried entering this same thing on about 10 different clients (just for testing purposes) and none of them are working.

Which note do I include in the message - your response or my original?

I did send an email last week - nobody has replied to it as of yet.

Hello pardnme,

To enable us to access it, please follow this procedure:

1. Open your tax return in UFile ONLINE, in a browser ** DIFFERENT than Safari ** -- - - -YOU CAN USE: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 2018, MS Edge or Opera) and launch the return for the desired tax year

2- Click on "?" at the top right of the screen

image.png

3- Select "Support request form".

image.png

4- Enter your information.

image.png

5. In the box, "If this is a follow-up, please enter your UFile ONLINE request number here", enter the request number that appears in the subject line of this email (UFxxxxx).  

6.**VERY IMPORTANT! ** Be sure to check the box "Check to authorize UFile ONLINE to VIEW your tax file."

NOTE: In the copy of the file, all the personal information will be encrypted.

7. Click on 'Submit to UFile ONLINE’.

For the authorization it’s better to do it before 9:00 ET  or after 19:00 ET as we are experiencing a very high volume at this time of year.  <= = = DURING tax season

Please wait for the confirmation message on the screen

**Before you click Submit please Click on "Submit" only once.** Your browser is going to freeze and don't press anything. About 30 seconds it's going to say "Page unresponsive". It may appear 3 - 4 times. Do not click wait and don't press anything until it says file submitted.**

This message will appear after ~ 5 seconds

“Page Unresponsive – You can wait for them to become unresponsive…

image.png

>>It  take up to 4 or minutes depending on your internet speed.

If get “These pages aren’t responding”

**do not click WAIT**

- - - >Can take up to 4 or 5 minutes as it is running an encryption routine with various actions occurring.  It also depends on the anti-virus / firewall, VPN, internet connection and network latency.

You will receive a confirmation message (but not a confirmation E_Mail.)

image.png

Members of our support team will find a solution to your problem faster if they can review the tax information contained in your file.

If this box is checked when you submit your support request to UFile ONLINE, a temporary copy of your tax information will be generated and placed in a secure directory to which access is restricted to our authorized personnel.

This process takes place behind our firewall and your data is secured. Your tax information is NOT sent to our staff as an attachment to an email.

Please note that your data will be used strictly to help our support staff to solve the problem you experienced, and the temporary copy will be automatically destroyed after 72 hours.

NOTE: In the copy of your tax return your SINs, names, address and phone numbers will be automatically changed (masked).

**Authorization – **do not click WAIT**

For the authorization it’s better to do it before 9:00 or after 19:00 ET as we are experiencing a very high volume at this time of year  <= = = DURING tax season

If get “These pages aren’t responding”

**do not click WAIT**

- - - >Can take up to 4 or 5 minutes as it is running an encryption routine with various actions occurring.  It also depends on the anti-virus / firewall, VPN, internet connection and network latency.

>>NOTE : Confirmation – No confirmation E_M is generated, only the on -screen confirmation message

So odd, I have all that same stuff, but still no Sch12 - and plus it's a refundable credit so you should see a direct correlation to your refund increasing.

I def have added she worksheet and filled out all the required fields

image.png.912cd5e5c5eae97d3f88d3b728f4b0fe.png

If using UFIle Windows - check if have the latest version ver.27.20 :

Update UFile

image.png

*Settings (upper right hand corner)

Tax return counter...

Check for updates...    < = = HERE

Register

EFILE-NetFiIe setup

RRSP Calculator

Retirement Planner

image.png

>> 

image.png

>> [Check for updates]     [x] Check for updates automatically

image.png

I do this everyday...I check for updates and it says program is updated already.

I know you provided your screenshots - but were they provided in ufile PRO?  maybe PRO has a bug in it?

Can you pm me or have somebody respond to my initial contact us so I can send them the file?

Hello pardnme,

It is the same update procedure for UFIle PRO, there are no known issues with UFile PRO.  There appears to be an issue with your data entry or eligibility.

Please contact UFile Support so we may review the file confidentially. Please include above note.
Please open a request ticket and submit an anonymous file for review on-line at https://www.ufile.ca/contact/contact-us