Jump to content

Child care tax credit

Recommended Posts

The software is applying the Quebec child care tax credit to the higher earning spouse but we don't have any special circumstance where it shouldn't be applied to the lower earner. Why is that and how can I fix it to be claimed by the lower earner like it should be? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good day Melymel,

In the federal return, the child care tax credit is a deduction from income.
It must be claimed by the lower earner.

The Quebec child care credit is a refundable credit.
It could be claimed by either spouse.

Proceed as follows if you wish to allocate the Quebec child care credit to the lower earner.

In the lower earner Interview,
 - look for Quebec tax credits
 - select Sharing tax credits between spouses
 - for the topic Quebec - Schedule C - Child care
    - select Claim all

Note that you could share the credit between the spouses by using the option Claim portion.
UFile will then allocate the rest to the other spouse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...