Français

Manitoba MB428/MB479 - need provision for residential moves during year

Hartmut W Sager

A serious shortcoming all these years in UFile Online:  On the Manitoba MB428/MB479 provincial credits, we need provision for residential moves during a year, i.e., we need to be able to enter multiple successive primary residences (not overlapping residences!) on multiple lines (just like on the CRA printed form) to properly claim the property tax credit for tenants or homeowners (especially tenants).  These multiple lines of primary residences must of course add up to exactly 12 months of occupancy, and the entered rents (for tenants) must match those 12 months.

Thanks, I'll be awaiting your further reply.  But, do note, the solution does not require any detailed understanding of this Manitoba credit.  It very simply requires a multi-line area in which to enter the (several) primary residences occupied during the tax year, with number of months and rent paid on each line.

UFile has very many other places where we can click to "add one more item/line" of the same kind as we are working on, so UFile could easily do the same in this case.

Mr. Sager,

After verifying thoroughly, you can add multiple lines right now in a slightly different manner than in other sections. 

In the "Manitoba tax and credits", click on "MB479 Manitoba property tax credits for tenants" as many times as you want lines and you will be able to enter several residences with the corresponding number of months and rent paid.

This will appear as you intend in the return.

Let me know if you are having any difficulties...