Jump to content

Missed Filing 2021 tax return but partner did file theirs

Recommended Posts


It seems that I've missed filing my taxes for 2021. I was filing with Ufile with my partner, and she submitted hers. We must not have submitted mine for some reason. I only noticed when going over my notice of assessment on the CRA website. Can I change my Netfile code to last year's Netfile code and submit it now? Everything about my tax documents is up to date and ready for submission for 2021. I just need to submit it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Yes, you should be able to Netfile 2021 by using the prior year Net Access code.  
Your unique Access code (8 characters)  can be found on your Notice of Assessment (NOA) for a previous tax year. This eight-character Access code is made up of numbers and letters and is located on the right side of your NOA. The placement and labelling of the Access code differs slightly depending on the version of the NOA you are looking at, but will always be on the right side of the NOA.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...