Français

how to efile when cpp overcontribution and more than 4 years ago?

Hi, I am a cvitp volunteer and am doing a back tax for a client.  When I efile, it says I can't because there is a cpp overpayment and it is over the 4 year limit.  What can I do to make it efile?  What do I need to change? 

I usually just email the paper return to the client who then print, signs and send the return to cra but this person does not have an email.  Thanks, Yasmine

Hello yasdaz,

When you receive reject code 90308, it generally means you are submitting a tax return that is over 3 years old.
The CRA has determined that any tax return submitted after 3 years will no longer be eligible to receive certain credits and refunds on overpaid benefits or contributions.
Therefore, in your case you are no longer eligible for the deduction on line 30800. 
You may have 2 options:
1.        Paper file your tax return
2.        If you wish to NetFile electronically, you will have to remove the amount in Box 16 in one of your T4 slips. Try to NetFile and see if your file is accepted. Only click once on “File my return Now!”
 You must file within 3 years of the required filing date.