Français

what if i found an error after filing

shoie

I just electronic file my tax by NETFILE 2 days ago and I found an error.   Basically I put the number in a wrong line.  Anyone can tell me the easiest way to revise my tax return or can I refile by NETFILE, or I just wait till CRA informed me of the error? 

Many thanks.

You can use the program to make an adjustment on a tax return that has already been filed. On the "Interview setup" page, in the "Other" section, check off "Adjustment request for a tax return that has been filed" and click "Next". "Adjustment request" will appear in the "QuikClik Navigator". Click this option and select the form you need to fill out on the right-hand side of the page.

You can also either contact the CRA or Revenu Quebec to order the form that you will fill out and resubmit by mail or visit "My Account" at the CRA website (www.cra-arc.gc.ca/myaccount/) to complete the T1-ADJ Adjustment Request form online.

If you are using the program, you will have to print out and mail the completed T1-ADJ plus copies of any relevant documents. You cannot transmit a T1-ADJ via NETFILE. The CRA will send you a new Notice of assessment after they have processed the adjustment.