Jump to content

marital status change


Recommended Posts

Thanks for your reply.


Yes, I have entered my marital status as of Dec 31, 2013 as "married" BUT then it asks if there has been a change in status during the year and I have to enter yes. (or I believe the option is "change" vs "no change"). At this point it makes me define the change with options like "single, then married" or "separated, then reconciled in same year" or "separated then divorced" etc. There is no "other" category where you can enter your own specific situation. And you cannot simply leave it blank.


So far I have entered "separated then reconciled in same year" although this is not technically correct since I was separated in 2011. Looks like I may have to call revenue canada.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 years later...

Similar-  Change in your marital status" dropdown has limited options

In the "Change in your marital status" dropdown, there is no selection for "Separated then Common-Law" however both these terms are valid terms used in other dropdown selections.  Is there an appropriate selection that can be chosen and recognized by CRA?.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...