Jump to content

Filing for Foreign Income with Tax Treaties (Japan)


Recommended Posts



I'm currently employed overseas in Japan with the JET Programme. According to the information I've gathered so far, people on tge program are considered factual residents of Canada and our income is not considered taxable due to the tax treaty in place between Canada and Japan, although I'm still obligated to report the amount earned to the Canadian government.


Does anyone know if I can still file my taxes electronically this year, or if I have to mail in supporting documents? If I can file with Ufile which fields and sections do I have to pay attention to?


Any help would be welcome! Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...