• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by Antoine7

  1. Antoine7

    First-time donor super credit in UFile 2016

    Hello Izabonbon, Given the particularity of your situation, we suggest that you send your request to the UFile support group.
  2. To all UFile ONLINE users: To maintain a high level of security, we have decided to remove the access to UFile T1 Online tax years 2009 and 2008.
  3. Antoine7

    Download links

    Hello vershov, Given the particularity of your situation, we suggest that you send your request to the UFile support group.
  4. Antoine7

    Finding the date of return submission

    Hello snips56,
  5. Antoine7

    Download links

    Hello meatbagg, How to purchase 2017 UFile for Windows from the UFile Shop? To purchase the current years UFile for WINDOWS software directly from us, you need access to the Internet. You may proceed by using the following link: Once on the UFile for WINDOWS page, please proceed as follows: 1. Click on "PURCHASE NOW". 2. In the new window that opens, select the required amount of returns by clicking on "ADD TO CART". 3. NOT recommended -You can choose if you would like to receive the *CD-ROM version by checking the box "Please tick here to order your copy on CD-ROM. A flat $10 fee for shipping and handling applies." 4. Click on "CHECKOUT" (little basket above QTY). 5. Complete the page by entering in your information. 6. Click on "SUBMIT". You're not finished yet! To finalize that the selection item(s) are what you want, we have provided you with a "Summary" page. Verify that the information on the summary is correct, then you may click on "Proceed" to process the transaction. Once you have completed the final process; (by clicking on "Proceed"), you will receive an email almost immediately. In this email you will receive your activation key and the download link to begin using the program.
  6. Antoine7

    Rental property expenses

    Hello Taxing,
  7. Antoine7

    Get WAC button - where is it?

    Hi dci, In UFile T2, you could request a web access code in the EFile tab by clicking on the "Federal Efile" option.
  8. Hello JulieL, UFile T2 creates the *.COR extension when you transmit your tax return electronically through EFile. You won’t be able to download a *.COR extension for your tax return in UFile T2 but by clicking on the link below you could register online for a web access code or EFile number with the Canadian Agency Revenue. CRA – web access code Corporation Internet Filing Helpdesk – EFile agent number
  9. Antoine7

    Get WAC button - where is it?

    Hello JulieL, With UFile T2, you have the option to submit the federal return electronically using a web access code or a transmitter number. To request a web access code, please contact Corporation Internet Filing Helpdesk of the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-2803 or consult the link below. CRA – web access code.
  10. Antoine7

    where do we file our home office expenses

    Hi, You can enter the amount of the internet in the expenses section. The net amount which is equal to 90 % of the total.
  11. Antoine7

    where do we file our home office expenses

    Hello simraj, Home office expenses If you operate your business from your home office, you can deduct certain expenses from your business income. Before entering your expenses, you must determine the portion of your home that is used for your business. To enter your expenses, please follow these steps: 1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select the page "Home office expenses" under the item "Self-employment income". 2- Enter the portion (%) of the home that is used for personal purposes. 3- Enter your home office expenses in the appropriate fields. If you want to enter additional expenses that are not listed in the "Home office expenses" page, such as rent paid, enter the amount in the field "Other home office expenses - specify". Enter a description and the amount. The amount eligible for your home office expenses will be carried over by the program to line 9945 of federal form T2125 and, for Quebec residents, to line 258 of form TP-80. NOTE : The amount you can deduct for Business-use-of-home expenses cannot be more than your net income from the business before you deduct these expenses. In other words, you cannot use these expenses to increase or create a business loss. However, you can carry to subsequent taxation years any portion of the amount that you cannot deduct for the given taxation year because of this limit. For more information regarding home office expenses, please consult the following links: For the CRA: Universal Child Care Benefits (UCCB) As of July 2016, the Canada Child Benefit (CCB) has replaced the Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB).
  12. Hello dingfend88888, Re: unused tuition fees from 2016 According to CRA rules, a dependant can only transfer the unused tuition fees for current year to his/her parent. But, the taxpayer (student) can use the 2016 unused amount in 2017 to reduce his/her payable taxes down to zero if needed or can keep them for next year.
  13. Hello Stile, Carrying forward the tax file of a member who leaves the family Please note that there is no automatic way to carry forward the information of a person who left the family. This person must enter all his or her information in a separate new file. However, in this person's new file, do not forget to enter any amount that can be carried forward to future years. These carryforwards are usually shown on the Notice of Assessment received by this person in the previous year. It is also possible to check the "Summary of carryforward amounts" page under the tab "Tax return" in his or her file of the previous year. Since this person left the family, remember to remove this person from your family file. To do this, under the tab "Interview", on the line of "Head of family", choose the person you want to remove in the family file and click "- Delete selected" and a pop-up window will appear with the question "Are you sure you want to remove all data for (the dependant or the spouse) from this file?" By clicking "Yes" you will delete all of this person's data.
  14. Antoine7

    Error in UFile tax calculation

    Hi Trader48, Given the particularity of your situation, we suggest that you send your request to the UFile support group.
  15. Antoine7

    CCA and ACB for Rental Property

    Hello Flatlander, Rental income - CCA capital additions To enter your capital additions, follow the steps below: Please note that the land is not depreciable property. Therefore when you acquire rental property, only include the cost of the building. Your rental property may belong to class 1, 3, 6, 31 or 32, depending on what the building is made of and the date you acquire it, please visit the link provided at the end of this document. 1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select the item "Rental income" and choose the subsection "CCA". 2. Choose the Category that corresponds to your situation, and on the page that appears on the right, go to the line "Description and amount of capital additions", in the first field, enter a brief description and enter the amount in the second field. 3- For the line "Application of half-year rule to current year additions" from the drop-down menu to your right, select "Yes". 4- If the property in question is not subject to the half-year rule, select "No". 5. On the line "Limit CCA or CECA for this class" if you do not wish to claim a capital cost allowance, enter $ 0.00. The cost of additions of a category already existing will be added to column 3 of Part A. Additions will appear on page 3 of federal Form T776, Parts B or C, as applicable. For more information regarding rental income, please visit the following CRA link:
  16. Antoine7

    Adjustment Request - Adding Dependent

    Hello lemigar, How to request an adjustment (reassessment) to a tax return You can use the program to make an adjustment to a tax return that has already been filed. Make sure you have received your notice of assessment before asking for changes to your return. NOTE: We recommend that you keep your previously filed tax return, and prepare separately an amended tax return based on the changes you make. Print this amended tax return and compare it with your original tax return. Take note of the line numbers that are affected, as you will need them when completing your adjustment request. To do so, please follow these steps: 1- In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", click on "Interview setup". 2- On the page that appears to the right, scroll down to the "Other topics" section, check the box for "Adjustment request for a tax return that has been filed" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page. 3- Return to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "Adjustment request" at the bottom of the list and, on the right-hand side of the screen, click on the plus "+" symbol to the right of the form you need, either "T1-ADJ adjust a federal tax return" or for Quebec residents "TP-1.R adjust a Quebec tax return". 4- Select the "Taxation year" you want to correct from the drop-down menu to your right, and then enter the relevant information. 5- For the question "Line number of the jacket regarding the adjustment", choose the one that applies from the drop-down menu. Then, on the next two lines, enter respectively the amount that was claimed on the original tax return, followed by the revised amount to be claimed on the amended tax return. 6- If you have multiple lines to correct, click on "+ Add another" to add additional lines. 7- If you have additional information or explanations, fill out the bottom section. If needed, attach a separate sheet with your adjustment request by recording the necessary information. If applicable, provide also the corresponding line number for the credit. 8- For Québec residents who wish to amend both their federal and Québec returns, in the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", click again on "Adjustment request" at the bottom of the list and repeat the procedure. 9- Once you have completed your adjustment request(s), click on the fourth tab "Tax Return". 10- Double check to make sure the adjustment request(s) are completed correctly. Then, click on the "Print" icon, choose the option "Selected pages" and on the list to the right, select the pages to print, i.e. the forms T1-ADJ (federal) and/or TP-1.R (Quebec). To select multiple pages, press and hold the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard when clicking the pages to print from the list. Finally, click on the button "Start printing". Please note that you cannot submit an adjustment request electronically via NETFILE. You must print and mail the T1-ADJ and/or the TP-1.R. Be sure to sign your request(s) and provide all supporting documents. Also, please make sure to include a telephone number where the CRA and/or Revenu Quebec may contact you during the day. The CRA will send you a Notice of Reassessment once your adjustment request has been processed. Revenu Québec will do the same once they processed your TP-1.R form. If you wish, you can also amend your tax return online by using "My Account" on the CRA website. For more information, please visit the following links: For CRA: For Revenu Quebec: N.B. Once you add your son to the file you will find the changes done to schedule 1.
  17. Hello CPJ, Given the particularity of your situation, we suggest that you send your request to the UFile support group.
  18. Hello dingfeng88888, To help you better, please provide your request number to do the follow up for you.
  19. Given the particularity of your situation, we suggest that you send your request to the UFile support group.
  20. Antoine7

    Tax return is retarded

    Hi sunle1987, Did you submit your return by using NetFile? To confirm your SIN number, we suggest that you call (CRA) : at 1-800-959-7383 or 1-800-959-8281. Since we are the designers of UFile software.
  21. Antoine7

    Spouse is using seperate tax service

    Hi dmarie2912, You can use the the short section: Spouse - basic information.
  22. Antoine7

    T4A Box 18 Dropdown

    Yes, RBC should provide more details concerning the type of investment.
  23. Antoine7

    showing loss under business income

    Hi Dora Cooper, Regarding your situation, you have to enter the data into Self-employment - Form T2125 Income and expenses as regular amounts and the program add the income and deduct the expenses automatically.
  24. Antoine7

    Home office expenses

    Hi Robsypes, We suggest that you contact the CRA at 1-800-959-7383 or 1-800-959-8281 RQ at 1-800-267-6299 for more information. We will be happy to help you enter information into the software, but we are not allowed to make decisions for you.