Français

HELP Message: Your tax return contains negative entries on lines where they are not permitted for NetFile purposes.

Cligotino

I need to refile my 2019 taxes, however I am getting this error "Your tax return contains negative entries on lines where they are not permitted for NetFile purposes."  How can I figure out the where the error is coming from I can not find the negative entries in my return?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It seems the underlining issue is when info put in conflicts with what CRA has one file. So George's example falls under that, and mine too.

In my case, self-employment commissions which was auto-pulled from CRA for a T4A is required to also go on the T2125 as Income. But I also filled the line for 'GST Included in Sales' (Something I've always done with the 'Gross Sales/Income' line), but I suppose it is not compatible when being applied to info from a T4A.

The UFile Support agent pointed out the issue in a a quick minute, without having to see my Return. So I'm not sure why they can include such tips in the software.

(and if you are like me, weary of calling support... don't worry, there was only a brief wait, and the rep was fairly straight to the point and knowledgeable enough)

• 8 months later...

Hello CHIRAGKUMAR,

This issue can arise due to the following.

Your tax return contains negative entries on lines where they are not permitted for NetFile purposes." 
1)     Can not have a loss from a T4A /T2125
2)    T2125 - Input the income at 3C, but put the "rebate" amount in 3A (a deduction). 
3)    Inadvertently claimed 100% of a capital loss in a shared account [i.e. I forgot to modify the default] on one of the T5008s

• 11 months later...

Hello Willson21,

Unfortunately these are the only known fixes at this time, you should mail the tax return. 

Print Tax Return to mail / Mail Return / Print Return / Print PDF T1 and T2
In Tab 4, at the bottom of the screen, select the PDF Icons :
[PDF] Federal Print
[PDF] Quebec Print <- - - - IF in Quebec
FYI – for the entire tax return:
[PDF] Download PDF

image.png
Then depending on your PDF reader, eg. Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft EDGE; you can save to: 
*desktop, downloads, file directory
*external device such as CD, external hard drive, USB key

~~~~~~~For the Tax Return Instructions~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>Tax Return (tab 4)
T1 comparative summary
TP1 comparative summary
Assembly instructions p1  <- - - HERE
Assembly instructions p2
You only need to send to CRA those pages with [CRA] printed on the top left hand corner.

CRA - Address:
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information/where-mail-your-paper-t1-return.html