Français

Climate Action Incentive

Terri P.

• 1 month later...

Tech Support got back to me. I accidentally said "Yes" in the CRA Questions at the beginning that I was "...an officer or servant of another country, such as a diplomat..." Right below it it says in bold Climate action incentive so that might have thrown people off. Make sure it says No. Scroll further down and make sure you selected your principal place of residence under Climate Action Incentive section.

At the end under Controls you selected to Claim it or Let Maxback Decide.

• 10 months later...

I to am having issues with the CAI.  In 2020, Ufile automatically included a credit of $775 on line 45110 of my return.  This year that line is 'greyed out' and there is no amount entered.  In 'Controls' I have tried both ways: "Let Maxback Decide" and "Claim", neither resulted in a credit on line 45110.  I visited the Canada Revenue Agency site,  https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/child-family-benefits/cai-payment.html ,it appears that the credits will be automatically calculated when you file your 2021 return and direct deposited quarterly to your account in 4 installments starting 2022 April 15. I say "it appears" because I had to read this a couple of times, at first this sounded like the way you would be receiving the credits for the 2022 tax year, but, I am guessing that it is for 2021 and that is why there is no way to claim it through Ufile.   

I look forward to hearing what others think.

• 1 year later...

Hello Khiet,

You are eligible for this credit if you are a resident of Canada for income tax purposes in the month before and at the beginning of the month in which the CRA makes a payment. To be eligible, you must also be a resident of an eligible CAIP province on the first day of the payment month

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/child-family-benefits/cai-payment.html