Français

Previous Year Data Transfer

VLee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

don't know if this is the right thread to ask this or now but when I open the 2021 Online and start a new return it is automatically populating the information for my daughter and son in law. There is no way to change this to my and my husband's return. The only returns that are available are only my daughter and son in law. How can I also access our returns 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cathy,

You can't access tax returns done with our desktop product online. Any returns done online require one account per family. As such, your return and your husband's return should have a separate account from your daughter's and son-in-law's. 

Hope this helps - George Hiotis QA Manager UFile.ca

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello ggwatt51,

Please note, in order to carry forward a previous year, you must SAVE your tax file to SAVE / PDF. These actions allow the program to retain your information and carry it forward to the following year automatically.

IF you already created the current year file and did NOT save the prior year as a PDF, then you will have to delete the current year, save / PDF the prior year and then start the 2022 year file.

Also verify that you do not have another username or E_Mail that you were using for UFile ONLINE.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have the same issue.  I've exported the pdf but ufile online says that it is password encrypted.  I can open no problem and it doesn't ask for a password when opening.  I've tried deleting current year and starting new.  Support said you can set you password/encryption option in the settings menu however no such option was in the online settings menu.

O

On 2/3/2023 at 6:38 AM, Geo123 said:

Hello ggwatt51,

Please note, in order to carry forward a previous year, you must SAVE your tax file to SAVE / PDF. These actions allow the program to retain your information and carry it forward to the following year automatically.

IF you already created the current year file and did NOT save the prior year as a PDF, then you will have to delete the current year, save / PDF the prior year and then start the 2022 year file.

Also verify that you do not have another username or E_Mail that you were using for UFile ONLINE.

Hi,

If I have already paid for and created my 2022 tax file but I need to go back to the 2021 tax file and save/pdf it in order to bring my information forward to my 2022 tax file am I able to delete the 2022 tax file and start the 2022 tax file again without having to pay again?

I have been using UFile Online for a few years but now I have to do returns for others in my family and using UFile Online will cost more than buying UFile Windows 2022 and being able to prepare 4 returns. However, will I be able to access the prior tax years' information, stored online, with the Windows version?

I assume the inability to carry forward information from 2021 to 2022 is an issue for many customers. I advise ufile to contact users to let them know about a workaround or make the service unavailable until it is fixed. I am also getting this problem and it is frustrating - we are paying for this service

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello gnort,

Please note, in order to carry forward a previous year, you must SAVE your tax file to PDF. These actions allow the program to retain your information and carry it forward to the following year automatically.