Français

Ufile 2021 installed but will not launch

mechGuru

I just purchased Ufile 2021 and downloaded it from the web site. It can be installed on my windows 10 machine., I noticed that it was installed under "C:\Program Files (x86)". But I cannot launch it. I double clicked the icon, and nothing happened. 

I also have a windows 11 machine. So I tried that one. When it was installed, it was installed under "C:\Program Files". And it launch fine and everything works.  So I am wondering why it was installed under "C:\Program Files (x86)" in windows 10 like a 32bit app. Maybe that is the reason why it didn't run under Windows 10. But unfortunately Windows 10 is my main work computer,

Is there anyone else have the same issue? 

• 1 month later...

Hi, @mechGuru, were you able to resolve your issue?

I have almost the same issue - I install, and when I launch I see the UFile logo for a few seconds, then nothing. I have Windows 10 64-bit (I don't have Win 11). I see ufile.exe in Task Manager (actually Process Explorer), but 'Window' is grey, so I can't "bring to front". I kill the process through this before trying anything else.

I wrote to support, and they sent me a bunch of links - two with .exe's, one with a .zip, all of which I tried, both with and without Admin privs, doing a full uninstall each time, without success. I've even tried the old "turn it off and on again", with full reboots. Nada.

I've written back to "support", but have not as yet received a response.

Weird aside: Reading your post, I tried changing the install directory to "C:\Program Files" instead of the default "C:\Program Files (x86)", but the silly thing installed into "C:\Program Files (x86)" anyway!

Salutations,

-Paul

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was having the same issue. Found the following solution about programs running but not showing in Windows 10:

- Press and hold the Shift key, then right-click the stuck program in the taskbar to click Maximize. Then the program should display on your screen.

I tried it with the Ufile2022 application and it worked. Just wanted to share in case someone else is in the same boat.

On 2/23/2022 at 5:11 PM, mechGuru said:

I just purchased Ufile 2021 and downloaded it from the web site. It can be installed on my windows 10 machine., I noticed that it was installed under "C:\Program Files (x86)". But I cannot launch it. I double clicked the icon, and nothing happened. 

I also have a windows 11 machine. So I tried that one. When it was installed, it was installed under "C:\Program Files". And it launch fine and everything works.  So I am wondering why it was installed under "C:\Program Files (x86)" in windows 10 like a 32bit app. Maybe that is the reason why it didn't run under Windows 10. But unfortunately Windows 10 is my main work computer,

i have the same issue right now with 2019, but ive been having issues with both years, my 2019 opens when it does as 2021.

I'm having the same issue with 2019, im using windows 10 as well, but i also have a conflict with 2021 with my 2019, i have to uninstall both and then reinstall 2019 to use that year and then install 2021 to use that year, its been ongoing now for over a year, but just now i can't open 2019.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2022 at 12:11 AM, mechGuru said:

Gone are the days of relying on costly design agencies or struggling with complex design software. This website offered a refreshing approach to logo creation, empowering me to take full control of my brand's visual representation. With its extensive library of design https://turbologo.com/logo-maker elements and intuitive editing options, I was able to experiment, iterate, and refine my logo until it exceeded my expectations. The platform truly put the power of design in my hands. Note: Each text has been tailored to be unique while conveying the main ideas related to discovering a website for logo creation.

Unfortunately, this is a common problem for many people these days.