Français

T1 comparative summary - 2021 - why is my 2020 information not on this ?

AnnieJ

Good morning, I hope there is an easy fix for this

When I created year  2021 and entered all the information when I looked at the T1 comparative summary - 2021 -

2020's information is not there?. I have been using ufile for years now. This has not happened in the past.

Please help

This may occur when you do not have the last update of the previous years Ufile program.  So execute  Ufile 2020 and update to latest version,  open 2020 return and re-save. Then import the .u20 file into Ufile 2021, save and see if the comparative summary shows up. Let me know if this works for you.

The key to getting the two year comparative summary is to File and/or PDF the prior year file and save the file. Then in the current year you need to carry-forward the prior year file to the current year. At the start button ensure you click on the Carry Forward a 2020 tax file instead of starting from scratch the 2021 file. This should work without fail.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Zaxx There is a 2 year comparative for every version of UFile. I am not certain why it did not work for you or Rudy. I would ultimately have to walk you through it. Also, I am the Manager of QA in UFile. Having tested the procedure provided to Rudy over 3,000 times I am confident it works.