Français

invisible negative entries after autofill from CRA

kai

I used auto fill from CRA and got error messsage "Your tax return contains negative entries on lines where they are not permitted for Netfile purpose" and I have nowhere to find these negative entries. Does anyone has the same problem? 

Screenshot 2022-03-03 213627.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello Olga A,

It could be due to a number of data entry issues :

Your tax return contains negative entries on lines where they are not permitted for NetFile purposes."

1)       Can not have a loss from a T4A /T2125

2)      T2125 - Input the income at 3C, but put the "rebate" amount in 3A (a deduction).

3)      Inadvertently claimed 100% of a capital loss in a shared account [i.e. I forgot to modify the default] on one of the T5008s. Once I corrected that to 50%, consistent with the other T5008s for that account, the error disappeared. The error message had me looking for negative values that might be incorrect when it really wasn't that at all. I think 100% of a capital gain might not have caused the error.

Could you please post a screenshot where exactly on ufile online i need to put the 'rebate' amount in 3A (a deduction) as I can't find it? I entered my income from box 81 T4 as professional income.  Also, I entered a CPP and EI deduction that made placement agency and entered my expenses as I worked from my office.  I have an issue with CPP and EI contributions because the income after expenses is much less.