Français

Conflicting messages for T1135 e-file

Ronatola

In UFILE Online, these are 3 references to submitting the T1135.  I want to JUST submit electronically via NETFILE.  Can I do that?

1. You are filing form T1135 - Foreign income verification statement, this form must be mailed or electronically submitted to the CRA, refer to the Assembly instructions in your tax return for additional details.
  2. Filing by internet (EFILE or NETFILE)Individuals, corporations, and partnerships can file Form T1135 electronically. Individuals can file Form T1135 electronically (EFILE or NETFILE) for the 2015 and subsequent taxation years
  3. The following schedule(s) should be printed and mailed to the CRA even if the NETFILE return was accepted: T1135  –  Foreign income verification statement  (if not transmitted through the T1135 e-submission)

Send this statement separately to:
Winnipeg Taxation Centre
Data Assessment & Evaluation Programs
Validation & Verification Section
Foreign Reporting Returns
66 Stapon Road
Winnipeg MB R3C 3M2
The taxpayer should sign the following:
T1135  –  Foreign income verification statement

• 1 month later...

The wording is really confusing, but I think what they're trying to say is that if you need to attach a "schedule" and can't submit it through netfile then even if the form itself is accepted, you still need to mail in the schedule.

I initially read it the same way, that everyone needs to mail in T1135 even if filed electronically, but there's no mention of that on the CRA site that I can find.

UFile should make the language clearer here.