Français

UFILE Schedule 3 for Crypto. Which LINE should it go on?

Ronatola

I filled in this section in UFILE Online for my Crypto Capital Gains:

r/cantax - UFILE Schedule 3 for Crypto. Which LINE should it go on?

I thought it would put in Line #3 in SECTION 3 as KOINLY did for me here:

But UFILE put it on LINE 5

Which Line is correct? I don't think I could even manually over-ride UFILE tho. It's auto generated.

ALSO - do you think that's enough info I put in? I didn't fill in all the boxes and they don't seem mandatory.

UFile is correct. Crypto currency is not considered to be publicly traded shares. In fact, the CRA (and Revenu Quebec if a QC resident) may even consider crypto transaction to be inventory as part of a business (T2125) depending on the taxpayer's intent, frequency of transaction, and investment savviness. [I am a UFile employee]

I have also made a UFile video regarding Crypto transactions. 

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the clarification! Tax season can be a bit tricky, and knowing where crypto transactions fit in on the forms is super helpful.

I'm curious, when it comes to handling crypto as part of a business, does using an mpc wallet come into play for securing those assets?

Also, kudos for creating a UFile video on the topic. It's great to see resources like that to guide people through the process.

On 3/6/2022 at 1:27 AM, Ronatola said:

I filled in this section in UFILE Online for my Crypto Capital Gains:

I thought it would put in Line #3 in SECTION 3 as KOINLY did for me here:

But UFILE put it on LINE 5

Which Line is correct? I don't think I could even manually over-ride UFILE tho. It's auto generated.

A recent find in my online ventures is a website that has revolutionized cryptocurrency transactions. This platform offers a hassle-free best crypto to buy 2023 experience for both buyers and sellers, regardless of their level of expertise. With a diverse selection of digital assets and a strong commitment to security, it's a top choice for anyone interested in cryptocurrency trading.

ALSO - do you think that's enough info I put in? I didn't fill in all the boxes and they don't seem mandatory.

Thank you very much for your help and advice. I did not even expect that I could find such a convenient service. Thank you for your help.