Français

Conference

Lisamd

Hopefully your employer paid your expenses because normally a salaried or hourly employee can not deduct these sorts of expenses. If a portion of your income is commission, you can write it off against that. Or if it was from a post secondary education institution you might be able to see if some of the cost are tuition.

• 1 year later...

Tax time can be a bit tricky, but attending conferences for work is usually deductible. I'd recommend checking the "Education and Job-Related Expenses" section. If you're still unsure, reaching out to a tax pro could be a game-changer! And speaking of conferences, if anyone's on the hunt for excellent conference organizers, I recently teamed up with a stellar group. They made our event a breeze!

Hello,

To claim your tuition fees you must have received one of the following forms from your educational institution:
    Form T2202, Tuition and Enrolment Certificate
    Form TL11A, Tuition and Enrolment Certificate – University Outside Canada

Form TL11C, Tuition and Enrolment Certificate – Commuter to the United States
    Form TL11D, Tuition Fees Certificate – Educational Institutions Outside Canada for a Deemed Resident of Canada

Examination fees for licensing or certification
Examination fees paid to an educational institution, professional association, provincial ministry or other similar institution, to take an occupational, trade or professional examination that is required to obtain a professional status recognized by federal or provincial statute, or to be licensed or certified as a tradesperson, to allow you to practice the profession or trade in Canada, may be eligible for the tuition tax credit.

Ancillary fees or charges exceeding $250 and paid in respect of an occupational, trade, or professional examination are not eligible tuition fees unless they are required to be paid by all individuals taking the examination.

You should be provided with a receipt to substantiate your eligible exam fees.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/deductions-credits-expenses/line-32300-your-tuition-education-textbook-amounts/eligible-tuition-fees.html

• 5 months later...

Hi , I cannot understand the Admin's response. I am a research scientist. I published a paper in a conference last year while I was employed. I paid the money (300+ CAD) from my pocket. I it was necessary for my professional development. I cannot find any place in Ufile to enter this amount. I appreciate any help.