Français

2020 returns not carried forward

Emma1402

Hi all, I'm trying to prepare my 2021 tax returns and I started the file the way I did every prior year, however for some reason 2020 year information is not being carried forward. Everything start anew when I open my 2021 window, even the personal information is gone. The system also seems to be extremely slow. Has anyone experienced this before? 

Thanks!

Emma

I'm seeing the same thing. 

I even thought that it had something to do with the 2021 file is started so I deleted it since you know everything will carryover anyway when I open a new 2021 but nope everything was blank and had to start from the very beginning like asking for my name.

Its slow, getting the same error every few mins, and when you think its doing a bit better, you get the same error message again. 

I've tried chrome and edge, same thing. Tried on another computer and same thing.

This looks like its an issue on UFile's end and looking at the community posts it has been happening for a few weeks already.

UPDATE: Since I was going to start from the very beginning again anyway, I used UFIle for Windows version instead of UFile Online. It's obvious the problem is with their servers or something and I won't gamble if they'll be able to fix it before this year's deadline. Windows version had no problems at all since it skipped over their server altogether and was able to submit my tax return in the same day.  

Edited by Dennis8657
Posted an update

Same issue.  

Also, when I enter the info manually (which is frustrating in itself), I cannot download the CRA information because I get an error message stating I need to enter my name, SIN, DOB, province, marital status - even thought I already did this.

This is on the heels of the issue with another error message, "an error occurred while updating the entriessee the inner exception for details," which seems to have been resolved, along with the slow loading pages. Now nothing loads on the page!

20 hours ago, Dennis8657 said:

I'm seeing the same thing. 

I even thought that it had something to do with the 2021 file is started so I deleted it since you know everything will carryover anyway when I open a new 2021 but nope everything was blank and had to start from the very beginning like asking for my name.

Its slow, getting the same error every few mins, and when you think its doing a bit better, you get the same error message again. 

I've tried chrome and edge, same thing. Tried on another computer and same thing.

This looks like its an issue on UFile's end and looking at the community posts it has been happening for a few weeks already.

UPDATE: Since I was going to start from the very beginning again anyway, I used UFIle for Windows version instead of UFile Online. It's obvious the problem is with their servers or something and I won't gamble if they'll be able to fix it before this year's deadline. Windows version had no problems at all since it skipped over their server altogether and was able to submit my tax return in the same day.  

I would love to do that, however I don't believe there is a way to import the uFile oline data into Ufile Windows; I'll have to manually enter the data :-(.

Moreover, I have already paid for uFile onlie.

Does uFile staff read these posts? 

I experienced the same issue for 1 file only.
NOTE: No error occurred during the carryforward into 2021 software, received the normal pop up box that it was being carried forward ....however, no previous info of T3 and T5 slips or Self-Employment Business appeared that we expect to see from previous year ...and thus, the pain of re-entering from scratch.....in addition to entering the Previous Years (line by line) section so I can do a comparison check.

I have completed 7 returns so far the past month using the same software and laptop and 6 carried over fine except this 1 last week.
I have carried over 3 other files since the problem occurred and they have been successful.

Before finding this post today-- Since this only occurred for 1 file, I compared the file size of the working files that were successful and this one file, and it was smaller in comparison. This is just a thought as I was troubleshooting the culprit before finding this post and confirming I am not the only one affected.
I then opened the 2020 file using last years Software for 2020 and opened successfully and nothing was missing.
I confirmed the return showed the comparison report of previous 2019 and 2020 figures displayed fine. 
I then saved the file as a different name as a test and carried this one forward but still same issue and file size did not change.
Hoping someone has an answer to this issue.....as it was a pain entering all the info that would normally carry forward from previous year.....

SOLUTION:

The solution posted in John Wiernikowski's post in another thread worked both for mine and my relative's 2021 UFile Online tax files. John, thank you for posting, even though that solution didn't work for you. Hope you get it solved.

Here are the exact steps I took:

1) Delete the 2021 tax file

2) Open the 2020 tax file. Go to tab 4 (Tax return)

3) Download the 2020 tax return in PDF

4) Click "Settings" in top right corner, click "save & close"

5) Create the 2021 tax file. Wait for it to load for a minute or so.

6) Click "start new" file.

All personal data, dependents, carry forward amounts were rolled forward.

• 1 year later...