Français

missing no income box

LSL

I am trying to netfile my sons taxes.  He received education grant and bursary from anniversary.  No other income for the year.  I get a message saying I cannot netfile.  The error says - 

You have no income to report.  If you wish to use NetFile, the government requires you to confirm that you have no income by ticking box NO income to report in 2021 on the interview setup page.  However when I go to that page - there is no box with that description on the page.  Are education bursaries and grants considered income?  and if not why isn't the box showing up?

thanks

• 9 months later...
On 7/17/2022 at 11:24 AM, Curmudgeon said:

I have the same situation. But I can not find the "No income" box at the top of Specific situations in Interview Setup. Please help. Thanks a lot.

ufileerror.png

Hello Tony.Tao,

For Family Head / Spouse :

Click on >>Interview setup (Left side of screen) >>Go to Interview setup (right side of screen)

>>Section [Specific situations]

>>No income to report in 2022  <---HERE
 Immigrant, emigrant, non resident taxpayer, you are a Canadian resident and your spouse immigrated to Canada in the year 
 Tax return for a deceased person 
 Tax return for a Status Indian 
 Prison in 2022 

Legal representative or guardian 

For Dependant :

Situation on December 31, 2022
Click the ? of each of the next two lines in case of specific situations (emigrant, deceased person)

Province of residence on December 31, 2022
Marital status on December 31, 2022

Did this dependant have any income in 2022?   <----HERE