Français

CRA Rejecting Access Code

Mike42

When I attempt to send the Netfile submission for my spouse, I only get an error message telling me that the Access Code is incorrect.  Mine went through with no issues.  First time I have had a problem submitting both files in the many years I have used UFile.  I contacted CRA for assistance.  They verified that the Access code was correct, and we conducted various means of fixing the problem, including clearing the browser cache, trying another number provided by CRA, and restarting the program.  None were successful.  I have been trying for several days.  CRA tells me the problem must be with the software.

I tried sending a help request twice using the on line form in the program, but did not receive the expected automated EMail so I could pursue getting some help.

Hello Mike42,

Double check the NAC :

Your unique Access code can be found on your Notice of Assessment (NOA) for a previous tax year. This eight-character Access code is made up of numbers and letters and is located on the right side of your NOA. The placement and labelling of the Access code differs slightly depending on the version of the NOA you are looking at, but will always be on the right side of the NOA.

On the paper version of your NOA as well as the PDF version in My Account, the Access code is not labelled, but can be found directly underneath the Date issued at the top right of the page. If you are viewing your NOA in My Account or using the Express NOA service in certified tax software, the Access code is found directly under the Notice details box at the top right of the page.

While this Access code is not mandatory, if you do not enter your Access code, you will not be able to use any information from your 2022 tax return when confirming your identity with the Canada Revenue Agency. You will have to rely on other information for authentication

Geo123.  Thank you for the statement of the blindingly obvious.  If you had actually read and understood my english post, you would see that I am already very aware of the proper procedure, hence the reference to having performed the task already many times.  What I am looking for is for UFile to step up and work with me to resolve the issue, in conjunction with Canada Revenue Service if neccessary.  The flashiest software in the world is useless without full technical support, and relevant, helpful customer support.

• Mike42 changed the title to CRA Rejecting Access Code
  • 1 month later...

Mike42 - I could not agree more.

I assume that you resolved the issue. For those who have stumbled upon Mike42's complaint and are in the same boat, I just learned the solution. I had actually put in the incorrect code, an 'S' looked like a '5.' Anyway, I was rejected. I could not clear the rejection - this is because you have to re-submit before the GIANT RED EXCLAMATION MARK goes away. I was waiting to see the green 'ready to submit' and was about to put my hair out confirming for the tenth time that I had typed my NOC correctly when I decided to just go for it. 

Recap - if you have addressed the error, ignore the red rejection, agree to the terms again, and resubmit. Eureka! NOC error resolved.

Good luck all - happy tax season. 

14 hours ago, MLEw said:

Mike42 - I could not agree more.

I assume that you resolved the issue. For those who have stumbled upon Mike42's complaint and are in the same boat, I just learned the solution. I had actually put in the incorrect code, an 'S' looked like a '5.' Anyway, I was rejected. I could not clear the rejection - this is because you have to re-submit before the GIANT RED EXCLAMATION MARK goes away. I was waiting to see the green 'ready to submit' and was about to put my hair out confirming for the tenth time that I had typed my NOC correctly when I decided to just go for it. 

Recap - if you have addressed the error, ignore the red rejection, agree to the terms again, and resubmit. Eureka! NOC error resolved.

Good luck all - happy tax season. 

I had the same problem.  I corrected the error in security code but that did not clear the error.   Followed your advice, ignored the error, agreed, clicked Submit and all is as well as can be expected in tax world.  Thanks so much for your help and to this community for filling in the blanks in the UFile help system.

Rick

Got the same issue. See the message below received.

Rejected

April 18, 2023 11:11 PM

Result:21

The Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your return, as your NETFILE Access code did not match our records. Please compare what you have entered with the access code shown on your notice of assessment.

But the question is how to enter the NAC? I don't remember where it was required. It is really weird.

Your help would be appreciated.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.

Best,
Alex

Got the same issue. See the message below received.

Rejected

On 3/7/2023 at 12:18 PM, Geo123 said:

Hello Mike42,

Double check the NAC :

Your unique Access code can be found on your Notice of Assessment (NOA) for a previous tax year. This eight-character Access code is made up of numbers and letters and is located on the right side of your NOA. The placement and labelling of the Access code differs slightly depending on the version of the NOA you are looking at, but will always be on the right side of the NOA.

On the paper version of your NOA as well as the PDF version in My Account, the Access code is not labelled, but can be found directly underneath the Date issued at the top right of the page. If you are viewing your NOA in My Account or using the Express NOA service in certified tax software, the Access code is found directly under the Notice details box at the top right of the page.

While this Access code is not mandatory, if you do not enter your Access code, you will not be able to use any information from your 2022 tax return when confirming your identity with the Canada Revenue Agency. You will have to rely on other information for authentication

But how ente rthe NOA? What page?
Result:21

The Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your return, as your NETFILE Access code did not match our records. Please compare what you have entered with the access code shown on your notice of assessment.

But the question is how to enter the NAC? I don't remember where it was required. It is really weird.

Your help would be appreciated.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.

Best,
Alex

Hello MarieC,

OR

Call the CRA 800-959-7383

Hi, 

I did not have access to my last NOA and have been calling CRA to unlock my account but no one replied. Apparently, they have been on strike. So, I entered the access code from year 2020 which I found was the same within the past five years. Still, it did not accept it and my netfile failed. Did the access code change just in 2021? 

How can I remove the code and submit my file before I get fined? 

I also followed what you mentioned above, it does not file even if I ignore the rejection and agree with the terms and want to submit again. It fails and fails. 

Where is the place to find the code and remove or change it?

I hope it works after removing the code. Thank you.