Français

UFile refuses to accept a phone number, -stops me for using NETFILE

Don Malo

When filling in the interview for my wife I added her phone number in the 'cellular phone number' field in 'Current Address'  section, just as I did for myself.

Now, when trying to post for NETFILE, it claims it is not ready for my wife's Quebec provinical filing (my own two filings and my wife's federal filing are ok), because "a valid home phone number is missing". This stops me from doing the filing. I follow the link to the section where to fix it, but it doesn't matter what I do, the program just refuses to accept there is a valid phone number anywhere.  I tried the 'home phone number´, 'work phone number'and 'cellular phone number' fields, but all in vain.

The help text say the number format is not checked, but I still tried just a seqeunce of digits, and the format (514) 999-999. It made no difference. I made absolutely sure there we no letters or strange signs in the fields. I even tried with tow different numbers.

I paid for this service, and spent several hours preparing mine and my wife's tax return, so this is simply not acceptable.

Has anybody else experienced this strange problem?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Jackie P,

If you are getting a reject from Revenu Québec regarding an invalid telephone number, please follow the steps below:
Go to your spouse's "Interview" section.
On the "Spouse Identification" page, answer "Yes but different phone number" to the question “Do you have the same address as your spouse?”
Click "Next" at the bottom of the page.
Enter your phone number in the "At home" field. Leave the other fields blank. 

Then try to submit your tax return  again.

• 2 months later...
On 4/9/2023 at 10:50 AM, Geo123 said:

Hello Jackie P,

If you are getting a reject from Revenu Québec regarding an invalid telephone number, please follow the steps below:
On the "Spouse Identification" page, answer "Yes but different phone number" to the question “Do you have the same address as your spouse?”

Then try to submit your tax return  again.

how did you fix it ... its my problem now

Hello Max Don,

Then try to submit your tax return  again.