Français

Can't autofill with windows 11 (microsoft edge) in 2020 and previous years

yasdaz

Hi, I am a volunteer filing low income taxes.  With windows 11 there is no option for internet explorer so autofill is supposed to automatically open edge.  It does that without a problem in 2021 and 2022.  But prior years (the ones that would in the past open with ie) do not work.  I can get the edge browser up for 2019, for instance, but after putting in everything correctly, it just keeps trying to download at the end.  There is an endless circle going around and around--no error message.  In 2020, for instance, it does not even pull up edge but that circle keeps going around and around when I hit download in the ufile program, no error message.

I have firefox as my default browser but I don't think that is the problem as I can do 2021 and 2022 okay.  It seems to have a problem with the years that used ie.  Btw. can we still use autofill and efile in 2017?  Thanks!

Hello yasdaz,

UFile Windows - Auto-Fill Return (AFR) :
We have updated UFile 2018 to UFile 2020 (and was always included in 2021 and 2022) to use Microsoft EDGE which uses Edge WebView. (we no longer use Microsoft Internet Explorer 11).  Note that this also applies to the AFR for 2021 and 2022.
If you are receiving error messages, for AFR, relating to Internet Explorer (IE11) you should uninstall and reinstall your current versions of UFile 2018 to UFile 2020.
Download the latest versions here :
UFile CVITP
>>Previous Versions: 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011.   
Click on the year for the installation file required.
https://www.ufile.ca/products/cvitp

You should also verify if Edge WebView  has been installed :
C:\Program Files (x86)\UFile 2020\DTWebViewApp\bin\Release

If it is not installed then go here to download the installation:
Edge WebView installation from the official Microsoft website to download the installation file “MicrosoftEdgeWebview2Setup.exe”
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=2124703

Thanks.  I will check out edgeview.  I don't get an error message, that is part of the problem, imo.  I have no way to tell what is wrong other than the site is not coming up or the slips are not downloading.  I just installed the programs on a new computer so that should not be a problem.  If edgeview does not work, I will look at reinstalling them.  I hope this all works, it is hard to do taxes without being able to get the slips from those years.

Btw, can I go as far back as 2017 for efile and autofill?  Yasmine

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the folder there too, but still had the error you described. The easiest solution is to simply reinstall UFile 2018, 2019 and 2020. All the registration info is preserved. You don’t have to re-enter your key or the eFile stuff.  On 2020 re-install I got a message asking if I wanted to repair or delete. No other choice. I picked “repair” and got some sort of Windoz error. So I did “remove” and then reinstalled.