Français

Ufile Warning Messages Preventing Filing

Media Mike

The following 2 warning/error messages need to be overridden in my instance of Ufile.  

1. An invalid account or GST number was entered within a business or rental property.
    CRA has indicated to me that I could input my business number in place of the GST number. I still get the error when I do that. CRA has also indicated I do not require a GST number - despite exceeding the income limit in 2022.

2. The amount in box 048 of the T4A slip must also be reported within the corresponding business as self-employment income.
    As far as I can determine - there is no other place in the Ufile T2125 form (Income, Expenses section) - other than in box 048 - to report/enter numerical data as 'self-employment income'.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Hello Media Mike,

An invalid account or GST number was entered within a business or rental property.
>>Do not enter the GST number, it is not a required field.

The amount in box 048 of the T4A slip must also be reported within the corresponding business as self-employment income.
>>Business income

Fees for services (T4A Box 048)    (Enter the total if you have more than one amount)

Hi, 

Yes, I did take out the number in the GST field, but the error message - An invalid account or GST number was entered within a business or rental property - is still occurring and preventing me from filing.

Also, I have entered the correct information in both my T4A forms in (T4A Box 048) and in the corresponding T2125 form (Box 048) and am still getting that error preventing me from filing. Can these errors be manually overridden in my account by one of the techs? This is the first time I have been unable to file electronically. Please advise.

Thank You,
Media Mike

Hello Support,

I just spoke with someone via the Ufile Phone Support number and she just redirected me back to your previous message for me to create a support ticket via the Ufile Online Help form. I know I need to complete this form and to authorize permission for Ufile to access my data BUT here's the problem. Whenever I try to click SEND the form/page becomes unresponsive. I have tried Chrome and MS Edge and still the same result. Is there a workaround here? Or is there another way I can authorize Ufile to fix my account? I have attached a link to the Support ticket form that I screen captured with my authorization checked.

Someone to talk to would be of great help. If Ufile cannot resolve this issue I may need to stop using Ufile to file my taxes.

Thanks! 
Mike

Hello Media Mike,

For the authorization it’s better to do it before 900 or after 1900 ET as we are experiencing a very high volume at this time of year

**Authorization – **do not click WAIT**

If get “These pages aren’t responding”

**do not click WAIT**

- - - >Can take up to 5 minutes as it is running an encryption routine with various actions occurring.  It also depends on the anti-virus / firewall, VPN, internet connection and network latency.

I am having the same problem with the GST number field, and getting the same error message )"An invalid account or GST number was entered within a business or rental property") as Media Mike, above. I tried removing the GST number as per the advice above, and that only results in a new error message below (even though the GST number is entered already as my federal business number): I have made a support request. 

Registering for the GST

The gross business income is greater than $ 30,000 and there is no GST tax registration number entered. You may be required to register for the GST depending on the goods or services sold.

Hello Distill,

This only a warning / reminder - and you can still NetFIle.   "The gross business income is greater than $ 30,000 and there is no GST tax registration number entered. You may be required to register for the GST depending on the goods or services sold." < - - IF you have contacted the CRA then it is OK

IF you get the error "An invalid account or GST number was entered within a business or rental property. 

Federal account number (15 characters) (format 123456789RT1234)  [       ]  < - - - DO not enter a "dummy" number

@Geo123

This message (below) is an ERROR MESSAGE which prevents me from filing my return electronically to NETFILE.
CRA has determined that I do not have to register for a GST number.

A tax return was generated. However, the errors below prevent the transmission of your declaration.

You cannot currently NETFILE the federal return. Please review the following reasons and make corrections when possible.

-         An invalid account or GST number was entered within a business or rental property.

GST-HST Account Not Required.png

GEO123 you did not address the first part of my question: YES, I DID get the error message "An invalid account or GST number was entered within a business or rental property") 

- I've correctly entered the 15-digit federal business account number

- there is a separate GST field below. Whether I enter the same 15-digit number there, I still get that message

- if I leave my GST number blank, I get the other warning about not being able to file because I require a GST number (which I already have, and registered for, and have already filed so I can include the amounts/information in my tax return)

HOW CAN I FIX THE 'INVALID ACCOUNT OR GST NUMBER" FIELD SO I CAN FILE? Thanks. I filed a support docket. 

3 hours ago, Media Mike said:

@Distill @Geo123

HURRAY!! I figured out a workaround to get rid of the "An invalid account or GST number was entered within a business or rental property" - Error/Warning message

I deleted my business number from the identification section of the T2125 form. Now the return is 'Ready for filing'.

Media Mike

Though not the perfect solution - at least I can file my return now. Apparently this Warning/Error message that prevents one from filing their return has been floating around this community since at least 2018.

There is a distinct entry in UFile for a Federal Business number "Federal account number" and "GST registration number of your business"
image.png.a238e824fa07e56b9339dc1b337d5335.png

Also the message below is generated by UFile as a reminder to users that if your gross sales exceeded $30,000 you are required by law to become a GST registrant and remit and collect GST/HST (QST, PST) on the sale of your goods and services. 
image.png.a1205080b8a982e9a770fb48a2077a89.png
As it is also publicly noted on the CRA web site: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/businesses/topics/gst-hst-businesses/when-register-charge.html

I trust this clarifies matters.

Best regards,

George Hiotis, Manager - QA