Français

How to NOT send Business Statement to CRA

Ctax

I have a client who operated a business in the prior year (2021) so the business carry forward amounts show in U-file Pro T1 for 2022 .  The client did not operate the business in 2022 so I don't want anything to be calculated (i.e. cca) and don't want it sent to CRA.  The client has resumed the business in 2023 so I don't want to lose the data by deleting the business.

In DTMax (program I used previously) you were able to enter 'yes' in "Schedule Only".  This ensured the business info was not sent to CRA when e-filed.

Is there a way to code the file in UFILE PRO so that the data doesn't get e-filed to CRA as part of the submission?

Thanks

Hello Ctax,

There is no way to NOT send a "Business Statement" to the CRA even if the T2125 contains not Income or Expenses 

It is not contained in the Federal - Return record but is contained in the Federal - T2125 (SFD).  There is no override in UFIle.

You would require our professional software DTMax 

T1: https://www.thomsonreuters.ca/en/dtprofessionalsuite/products/dtmax.html

On 4/19/2023 at 6:05 PM, Geo123 said:

Hello Ctax,

There is no way to NOT send a "Business Statement" to the CRA even if the T2125 contains not Income or Expenses 

It is not contained in the Federal - Return record but is contained in the Federal - T2125 (SFD).  There is no override in UFIle.

You would require our professional software DTMax 

T1: https://www.thomsonreuters.ca/en/dtprofessionalsuite/products/dtmax.html

Thank you for responding.