Français

All UFile files for 3 years of taxes are gone from my computer?

Bobisyouruncle

Hello Bobisyouruncle,

If using UFile ONLINE then check if you have other usernames and / or EMails used to create an online account.

If using UFIle Windows (installed locally on your pc)  search for the relevant UFIle data files : Open File Explorer from the taskbar or select and hold the Start menu (or right-click), select File Explorer , then select a search location  eg.  *.u21 / *.20

Hello Bobisyouruncle,

UFIle does not keep backup copies of UFIle Windows files - only for the UFile ONLINE version.  You can contact UFile support and see if they can search your pc again for the UFile Windows files.

You can open a request ticket and submit a request on-line at https://www.ufile.ca/contact/contact-us
For telephone support, please call: 1-888-633-8414

• 3 weeks later...

Oh no, that sounds really stressful! I haven't used UFile specifically, but I've had similar issues with other software before. First things first, check your computer's recycle bin to see if the files are there mount cloud. Sometimes, they end up there by mistake. If not, try using a file recovery tool – there are plenty of good ones out there. Another suggestion is to log in to your UFile account online. Some tax software saves your data on their servers, so you might be able to retrieve your files from there. I hope you find a solution soon!