Français
Due to regular system maintenance the system will not be accessible Saturday, May 4th, 2024 between 4:30 am – 5:30 am EST. ×

UFile 2023 version

Norman Kling

Hello Norman Kling,

For the UFIle ONLINE Early bird offer Regular package  CLICK No Thank You at bottom of the screen - please see below.
UFIle ONLINE Early bird offer
Go to https://www.ufile.ca/
>>PAY NOW & SAVE
>>Access your account (sign in)
>>SPECIAL OFFER Get UFile PREMIUM
Individual return
1 Taxpayer including up to 2 dependants filing a tax return
Limited Time Offer
21% OFF
$25.95
OR
Family return
1 Taxpayer and spouse including up to 2 dependants filing a tax return
Limited Time Offer
25% OFF
$34.95
>>CLICK No Thank You   < - - - AT BOTTOM of screen
*UFIle ONLINE and RECOMMENDED UFIle PREMIUM will appear*
SELECT the package you wish to order ("Pay Now and SAVE")

UFile ONLINE 2023 will be available mid-January.

• 1 month later...

Hello Tania Borden,

Here is the UFile Win installation link (please note there is no account login required)  :
UFile 2023 :
https://cdn.ufile.ca/ufile/UF2023ANGH8GGHVFENB237KL3KOQ8/ufile2023.exe

If experience issues with the exe (example if the Anti-Virus or Firewall blocks the download) then download the zip file instead, unzip it and install.
UFile 2023 :
https://cdn.ufile.ca/ufile/UF2023ANGH8GGHVFENB237KL3KOQ8/ufile2023.zip

Operating system: Windows® 10 or Windows® 11.
Hard disk space: 250mb available.
Display: Screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater.
Internet access: is required in order to use NETFILE / EFILE, and obtain the latest software updates.

I have been an UFILE Online User for many years, usually, when I started a new year, my names, my family members data were already loaded from last year.  Hoewver, this year 2023, I login in as normal, the data is not there for me for 2023, all I see is "Family Head" and that's it?

How come?  Please help.  Thanks.

Hello 4Yeah,

**IMPORTANT : Please note, in order to carry forward a previous year, you must SAVE your tax file to PDF. These actions allow the program to retain your information and carry it forward to the following year automatically.

IF No data in file from last year :

IF you already created the current year file and did NOT save the prior year as a PDF, then you will have to delete the current year, save / PDF the prior year and then restart the 2023 year file.

Also verify that you do not have another username or E_Mail that you were using for UFile ONLINE.

3 hours ago, 4Yeah said:

I have been an UFILE Online User for many years, usually, when I started a new year, my names, my family members data were already loaded from last year.  Hoewver, this year 2023, I login in as normal, the data is not there for me for 2023, all I see is "Family Head" and that's it?

How come?  Please help.  Thanks.

Hi Geo123, I was having a similar issue to 4Yeah, but it seems to have just resolved itself. I wish I could tell you what I did to fix it!

I must say that I find the very idea (see Geo123's response to the issue) of having to save a return as a PDF in order to have its data (like taxpayer name, address, etc) brought forward into the following years return borders on the ridiculous. I should think that each time a Save is done (by doing a <Previous>or <Continue> page, or doing a <Save and Close> when exiting Ufile) should be quite sufficient!

In practice I have always saved the return as a PDF for my record keeping and hence never experienced the problem cited. On Step4 <Review>, there are indeed options - via icons - to either print the return or download a PDF version of the return, BUT nowhere have I seen any info text that in order to carry information forward to the following year, one MUST save the return as a PDF. Is this an oversight in Ufile or have I missed something?

• 1 month later...

i am having the same issue as 4Yeah.  I've been a user for many years as well and have never come across this issue.  Usually we launch the new tax year and the personal information is all filled in.  We save our tax files as pdfs every year as well.  Very frustrating.

Hello SueC,

Please see below otherwise You can open a request ticket and submit a request on-line at https://www.ufile.ca/contact/contact-us
For telephone support, please call: 1-888-633-8414

**IMPORTANT : Please note, in order to carry forward a previous year, you must SAVE your tax file to PDF. These actions allow the program to retain your information and carry it forward to the following year automatically.

IF No data in file from last year :

IF you already created the current year file and did NOT save the prior year as a PDF, then you will have to delete the current year, save / PDF the prior year and then restart the 2023 year file.

Also verify that you do not have another username or E_Mail that you were using for UFile ONLINE.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello JustinEmmanuel,

Later version is 27.11

UFile Update

image.png

*Settings (upper right hand corder)

Tax return counter...

Check for updates...    < = = HERE

Register

EFILE-NetFiIe setup

RRSP Calculator

Retirement Planner