Français

Netfile Error File rejected - Unable to connect to remote server

I have now tried to efile 2 different tax returns and I am getting the same error code and the tax return is being rejected.

I have tried updating the software, installing on a different computer and nothing is working.

image.thumb.png.ef8fa1216efafbb0e53bed0a9ab72e57.png

I have turned off all of the firewall/antivirus to off and do not use a VPN but have set the VPN settings to allow everything.  It still rejects all files and says unable to connect to remote setting.

I have not changed anything on my computer since using the software last year and now cannot connect to file.  I have over 12 tax returns to file this year and need to get this sorted out.  I tried to call your help line but it is only open M-F 9-5 which is when I work and cannot spend tons of time on the phone with this while working at a busy law office.

Hello Debbie B,

Unfortunately  we have no control over this. Try from another location ie different IP address otherwise please contact the CRA.  

Please contact the CRA at 1-800-959-8281

CRA https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information.html

To print and mail teh tax returns.

In Tab 4, at the bottom of the screen, select the PDF Icons :

[PDF] Federal Print

[PDF] Quebec Print <- - - - IF in Quebec

FYI – for the entire tax return:

[PDF] Download PDF

image.png

Then depending on your PDF reader, eg. Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft EDGE; you can save to:

*desktop, downloads, file directory

*external device such as CD, external hard drive, USB key

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Sylvia123,

Unfortunately  we have no control over this. Try from another location ie different IP address otherwise please contact the CRA.  

Please contact the CRA at 1-800-959-8281

CRA https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information.html

To print and mail the tax returns.

In Tab 4, at the bottom of the screen, select the PDF Icons :

[PDF] Federal Print

[PDF] Quebec Print <- - - - IF in Quebec

FYI – for the entire tax return:

[PDF] Download PDF

image.png

Then depending on your PDF reader, eg. Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft EDGE; you can save to:

*desktop, downloads, file directory

*external device such as CD, external hard drive, USB key

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All,
I hope you are well, despite this problem.
I'm using Windows 10. I am using a VPN. Even disconnecting it didn't help. So, further research led me to look into my DNS settings. Sorry, I can't seem to post enough pics here to simplify things.

You can type "settings" in the Windows search bar. That will give you the option to open "Settings."
Choose "Network and Internet." Left hand side choose "Ethernet."
On the right hand side, you should see "Related Settings." Under that, you will have four options. Click "Change adapter options." Right click on "Ethernet" or "Ethernet 2" depending which you have.
Click on "Properties" at the bottom. It should open an "Ethernet Properties" dialog box. Look down the list. Find "Internet Protocol Version 4." Click on it. The box should be checked.
Below that, click the "Properties" tab. Under the "General" tab, you should have "Obtain an IP address automatically." It should be checked/chosen. Below that, you may have "Use the following DNS server addresses" checked. Leave that checked. Take note of the server address in case you want to  reset the server address later. It may look like 10. 18. 15. 1 or something similar.
Now, change the "Preferred DNS server:" to  8.  8.  8.  8. Check "Validate settings upon exit." Click "OK." I didn't have to reboot. I'm not sure if you may have to. I re-opened my UFile 2023 and went to the last tab to submit my return. It worked. For me, at least.

image.thumb.png.3a627c24367231139ef3486380e4206a.png

The other way to do it i s search for "Control Panel" without the quotes in the Windows search bar. Click the icon. It will open up a dialog with choices.
Click on"Network and Internet." Click on "Network and Sharing Center." To your left, choose "Change adapter settings."
Then, just follow the above instructions. Hope this helps somebody. Sorry for the lack of photos.

Best of luck,
D