Français

Error 388 when filing taxes - fields do not match

Hi!  I am a CVITP volunteer and the CVITP Help Desk and Revenue Canada cannot figure out how to solve this issue or why it is happening.  I wish we could copy and paste the error messages in here!  Instead I have done a screen shot and copied it in for your thoughts.

I have verified his SIN is correct along with his birthdate and spelling of his name.  I did get a Federal Authorization and the File was Accepted (for those of you who are Reps too) so that means that his base info at the CRA is correct. 

I have added a screen shot of his tax return with identifying information removed so you can see why I am puzzled about the fields mentioned and the fact that they DO add up where the Error 388 says that they do not as you can see.  

NOTE: The "Warning" is that I just have not reduced the length of an employer name - nothing too critical.

Any help would be much appreciated!  Or is this a known bug?  Other people were having it at the tax clinic today but they could clear it by restarting the Ufile session.  Nothing has worked for me.

Lynda

Ali Rehman Print Screen Ufile.jpg

Ali Rehman Print Screen Ufile Return.jpg

2 hours ago, Geo123 said:

Hello lmnei,

Please contact UFile Support so we may review the file confidentially. Please include above note.  Attn GEO
Please open a request ticket and submit an anonymous file for review on-line at https://www.ufile.ca/contact/contact-us

This was already done last night.  See Request# UB3744842  The response back to me was to contact the CRA however it is NOT a CRA issue - it is a software issue that has been seen many times now.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue with error 388 a couple of times. Whenever there is an entry on line 45200 (Refundable medical expense supplement) the software doesn't use it in the calculation to balance the amounts. I also called the e-file help desk and was told that the problem is with the software. 

3 hours ago, HWR said:

I had the same issue with error 388 a couple of times. Whenever there is an entry on line 45200 (Refundable medical expense supplement) the software doesn't use it in the calculation to balance the amounts. I also called the e-file help desk and was told that the problem is with the software. 

If you search on the subject, you will find I reported the same thing about 10 days ago.  There indeed is a bug in Ufile and I was told it is scheduled to be fixed and released on April 3rd.   So I would download the update on April 4th (or whenever it is released) and try at that time and see if it is still an issue.  Good luck!

Hello lmnei,

Result:184 /Error Code(s):388
There is an issue with the refundable medical credit Federal Line 45200 , in the year of immigration they are not entitled to have a refundable medical credit *unless immigrated ON January 1, however, the software generates it. This is an issue that will be corrected in the next version 27.20 that should be released ~April 3.