Français

where to enter SDrsp deduction

My cvitp client has an sdrsp withdrawl from which taxes were deducted, which I believe should be a tax credit.  Where do I put it in desktop?  I believe I should put it in line 20800 but don't know where the software puts that line.  It does not show the line.  I can never find lines from paper files in ufile software, it is so frustrating.  It just comes up with a million and one options and I can't find it in the morass.  Surely there has to be a better way to corrolate the paper and software.  Thankss, Yasmine

Hello yasdaz,

Line 20800 – is an RRSP deduction, not sure what you mean by a sdrsp withdrawal but if referring to an RRSP withdrawal :

T4RSP - Withdrawal from RRSP
If you withdrew funds from your RRSP during the tax year, you should have received a T4RSP slip indicating the amount of the withdrawal.

To enter your RRSP withdrawal, please follow the steps below:

1- On the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup".

2- On the right side of the page, go to the "Pension" group, check the box for "Pension income, other income and spit pension (T4A, T4A(OAS), T4A(P), T4A-RCA, T4RSP, T4RIF, T1032)" and click on "Next" at the bottom of page.

3- Return to the "Left side menu on the Interview tab" and select "T4A and pension income".

4- On the screen to your right, choose the option "T4RSP - Income from Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RL-2)".

5- Enter the information regarding your T4RSP slip, either on line "Annuity payment from RRSP (RL-2 box B) and on the field to the right in Box 16 enter the amount withdrawn.

The program will carry the amount over to line 12900 of the federal return and, for Quebec residents, to line 122 of the Quebec return.

For more information on the premature withdrawal of RRSP, please consult the following CRA link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/rrsps-related-plans/making-withdrawals.html

Thanks :).  The problem is that I did not have the t4arsp slip, it would have been easy if it had been there.  And my bigger issue was that the software does not have any easy way of finding line numbers from the paper version of the returns, sigh....   My client finally did find the slip that came with all the stuff she got (she has a brain injury so it is hard for her to navigate this stuff) so immediate problem solved. 

I just wish that ufile maybe put the line numbers on the spaces where you enter numbers, etc....  I really appreciate your time and kindness in helping me, much thanks, Yasmine