Français

I purchased Family Head on Feb 27, now it's asking me to additional pay for dependents?

Hi, 

I purchased the Family Head + Spouse, but now when I try to view my dependents' returns it tells me I have to pay for the Family Head's File, which I already paid.

I could successfully submitted both my and my spouse's returns. Screenshots below.

Please advise. 

PB

image.png

uFile - message.png

Ok, so I was told I only purchased the Family Head without dependents. I didn't even know I could actually do that! This is the fourth (and last) year that I've used this service. You guys should know by now what my profile is. I followed a link that you emailed to me that was supposed to save me 15%. Instead I am now forced to end up paying a whopping 31% more than I did last year. For the same number of returns!! 

For 2022 I paid $38.36 for me, my wife and 2 dependants (all in).

Now, the deceptive marketing and misleading use of "Family Head" will cost me $33.57 + $16.80 = $50.37  or a 31% increase over last year.

To add insult to injury, you can purchase the software at Staples for about half of what I am now being forced to pay and even have an additional 4 of low income (which my dependants are). Also, only informing the user after all information is entered and time is already invested is not very fair; I feel as though I am held hostage.

Shame on you for price-gouging long-standing customers by using deceptive marketing and ambiguous terms. Your message of paying for Family Head's File (which I did) and not dependants shows that there was a change in the definition and this message was not updated. 

I will be posting this on Reddit and other forums (an email to Rob Carrick?) as well to warm others of these deceptive techniques.

Additional Fees.png

uFile - message.png

Ufile-promo.png

Ufile-receipt-2022.png

Ufile-receipt.png

Hello  PaulB246,

In 2022 you had paid for a promotion that includes the family head and the dependants. When a promotion is in effect, the cost is less.

However, in 2023, you did not purchase a promotion, you had purchased UFILE Online at the regular price. No dependants were included in this purchase of 2023.
If you have to prepare tax returns for dependants then the cost is $8 per dependant. This is the normal pricing structure.

UFile is the best priced software on the market for the options that you receive.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Thanks for your reply. I did purchase a promotion that you sent me in February. Silly me for thinking you would send me something that was in my best interest and making everything clear from the get-go. Had I bought it at Staples, I'd be paying half!

I'll see if I'll fork over the extra $16.80 or simply mail in their returns as they are not very complicated. It won't break my bank either way, but you just lost a long-standing customer. Not the best way to run a business. 

• Acquiring a new customer can cost five times more than retaining an existing customer.
  • Increasing customer retention by 5% can increase profits from 25-95%.
  • The success rate of selling to a customer you already have is 60-70%, while the success rate of selling to a new customer is 5-20%.