Français

2021 Windows uFile exe fails to install

G.W

Downloaded the 2021 Windows installation exe file yesterday, since then, tried installing on multiple windows 10 laptop, it failed on all, screen often show installation process (not responding), sent uFile support multiple emails but as usual, really slow respond, have not receive anything yet.

Anyone has same experience? Is it just a bad build?

Regards

On 12/17/2021 at 4:33 PM, G.W said:

Downloaded the 2021 Windows installation exe file yesterday, since then, tried installing on multiple windows 10 laptop, it failed on all, screen often show installation process (not responding), sent uFile support multiple emails but as usual, really slow respond, have not receive anything yet.

Anyone has same experience? Is it just a bad build?

Regards

Quick updates, we tried (2021 exe still will not install, attached a photo):

In the photo, before the pop up, the top actually shows "[UFILE 2021 - Setup Progress (Not Responding)"

. uninstall uFile 2020 completely, reboot, then reinstall without any issue, so, something in 2021 exe file is causing the installation issue

. Tried completely removed Avast anti virus, reboot without any firewall, anti virus

. Tried on multiple Lenovo laptop with Window 10, 4G RAM, >10G HD space,

. Email support replied with standard web links, and then another link to download same exe file, no suggestion whatsoever,

Will provide update.

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, G.W said:

Quick updates, we tried (2021 exe still will not install, attached a photo):

In the photo, before the pop up, the top actually shows "[UFILE 2021 - Setup Progress (Not Responding)"

. uninstall uFile 2020 completely, reboot, then reinstall without any issue, so, something in 2021 exe file is causing the installation issue

. Tried completely removed Avast anti virus, reboot without any firewall, anti virus

. Tried on multiple Lenovo laptop with Window 10, 4G RAM, >10G HD space,

. Email support replied with standard web links, and then another link to download same exe file, no suggestion whatsoever,

Will provide update.

Capture.JPG

Adding a couple more screenshots, missed them in the last update

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

1 hour ago, eagle1 said:

Same problem here. Zero support! I called and the guy told me he is not a tech guy and in 1000 calls he never heard of this problem. Ludicrous!

It is absolutely frustrating, we usually do tax return trials before year end for different tax scenarios, only a few more business days left to do so but uFile just will not install.

Called again this morning, another agent with very poor communication, I had to repeat myself over and over but still got the feeling he did not understand my issue, kept telling me he had to email tech support on the issue and that he had no way to connect me to talk to tech support directly. I believe all agents on phone can only answer questions already posted on web Q&A, nothing more. Also, got another email reply last night telling me how to turn off a few windows security features in order to download the windows exe file 😞

I am going to post to Reddit and see if anyone else in the wide audience has the same issue and make people aware of the uFIle support (or lack of) issues.

Found the issue (following is meant for uFile support, other users may not have the 2019 exe file available)

2021 install uses MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX86.exe which causes the issue, I did the following and uFile 2021 installed fine:

. extract the 2019 and 2021 exe file to separate folders

. copy the file NDP452-KB2901907-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe from 2019 extracted folder to 2021 extracted folder

. Update the last line in ini file in 2021 extracted folder from Prerequisites=EdgeWebView2 to Prerequisites=Netfx45

Hope uFile will post new exe file for others after this fix.

1 hour ago, G.W said:

Found the issue (following is meant for uFile support, other users may not have the 2019 exe file available)

2021 install uses MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX86.exe which causes the issue, I did the following and uFile 2021 installed fine:

. extract the 2019 and 2021 exe file to separate folders

. copy the file NDP452-KB2901907-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe from 2019 extracted folder to 2021 extracted folder

. Update the last line in ini file in 2021 extracted folder from Prerequisites=EdgeWebView2 to Prerequisites=Netfx45

Hope uFile will post new exe file for others after this fix.

Good to know, as I have purchased the software but was waiting for email with download instructions. Maybe the are holding back while they fix the software? I usually get the download link by this time in December. Where did you get the 2012 exe file?

@Phil You need to get an older version of the uFile install program - like from 2019, use an archive extract tool, like WinRAR or 7Zip, extract the .exe installation file into a directory. Then do the same for the 2021 .exe installation file. Once you've done that, you'll have 2 directories, one for 2019 and one for 2021. Go into the 2019 one and find the "NDP452-KB2901907-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe" file. Copy it into the 2021 directory. Then in the 2021 directory, edit the 'setup.ini' file and replace the last line that says: Prerequisites=EdgeWebView2 to Prerequisites=Netfx45

Once you've done that, click on the 'setup.exe' file in the 2021 directory. I should then install uFile 2021 correctly.

Good Luck!

Rob.

Using Windows 11 Pro, V 21H2. Download and install was seamless. I know that may not help those using Windows 10 but the only issue I had was trying to actually pay for the software and get the link. That got solved today. I used the follow up email link as the initial confirmation link did not work. I downloaded the software to a specific folder in Documents and then clicked on the file and the Install was flawless.

The fact that no one from Ufile chimed in on this boggles the mind.  I'm ready to bet that there are myriads of computers in use that did not meet the Windows 11 requirements.  Obviously the Ufile setup made available on the website is intended for Windows 11 64-bit operating systems.

For those on Windows 10 that run into problems with the installation try downloading the zip file from here.   Uncompress the zipped file and click on the UFile 2021.msi file to initiate the installation.  I had no problem installing and opening the program.

I tried using the zip file that Michael provided the link for.  When I try to open the zip I get a message that it is not valid.  When I try to Extract from the zip file, I get a message that the zip is empty.  Tried a similar download from the UFile site and got the same results. 

I had originally tried the ufile2021.exe file from the link in the email and as the install starts, I get a message that 7zip says the file is corrupted.  Windows 10 Home.

Any suggestions?

5 hours ago, pissedoff said:

I tried using the zip file that Michael provided the link for.  When I try to open the zip I get a message that it is not valid.  When I try to Extract from the zip file, I get a message that the zip is empty.  Tried a similar download from the UFile site and got the same results. 

I had originally tried the ufile2021.exe file from the link in the email and as the install starts, I get a message that 7zip says the file is corrupted.  Windows 10 Home.

Any suggestions?

The file was probably corrupted by your security system i.e. not allowed to fully download and/or aborted because I just downloaded  it again and after clicking on it I got the files shown in the attached capture.

Ufile unzip capture.png

On 1/13/2022 at 11:54 PM, Michael said:

The fact that no one from Ufile chimed in on this boggles the mind.  I'm ready to bet that there are myriads of computers in use that did not meet the Windows 11 requirements.  Obviously the Ufile setup made available on the website is intended for Windows 11 64-bit operating systems.

For those on Windows 10 that run into problems with the installation try downloading the zip file from here.   Uncompress the zipped file and click on the UFile 2021.msi file to initiate the installation.  I had no problem installing and opening the program.

This is the FIX for all of us 'non-geeks' out there!!!  No cracking open uFile2019 with another program, finding and copying files, cracking open uFile2021 and replacing bad/missing files.  You're the best Michael!!

On 1/14/2022 at 12:54 AM, Michael said:

Thank you so much for sharing the link. It worked for me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

今天下载了2021 Windows安装exe文件,之后尝试在多台windows 10笔记本上安装,全部失败,屏幕经常显示安装过程(没有响应),发送uFile支持多封邮件但和往常一样,响应真的很慢,没有收到任何东西。

The insallation issue still remains. You would think that U File would address this problem so it would not continue to be an issue. I do not understand or care to implement work arounds to get it installed. I have contacted them and simply want my money back because they are no help. Why do you need to be technonolgy proficient to do taxes. i am sure the techs do not know anything about taxes!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 7:05 PM, ZBJ said:

今天下载了2021 Windows安装exe文件,之后尝试在多台windows 10笔记本上安装,全部失败,屏幕经常显示安装过程(没有响应),发送uFile支持多封邮件但和往常一样,响应真的很慢,没有收到任何东西。

I am sorry that I speak only English. The forum has a solution for this problem. A posting by "Michael" says: "For those on Windows 10 that run into problems with the installation try downloading the zip file from here.   Uncompress the zipped file and click on the UFile 2021.msi file to initiate the installation.  I had no problem installing and opening the program."

If you translate this back to your language, it will guide you. Regards, 88keynote

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 11:54 PM, Michael said:

thanks Michael, contacting Ufile was a waste of time, I'm lucky I found your solution 

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 8:54 PM, Michael said:

Awesome, this worked. Unreal I just bot this in April and it didn't work.  Thanks so much!

i am not an expert and was able to fix the ufile 2021 installation issue in Windows 10 by trial and error and below steps worked for me.

As I am not an expert I can only hope it works for you, and good luck.

If you have difficulties, please download the software from the following link:

https://cdn.ufile.ca/ufile/UF2021BNGH36GHVFENB469KL3CMO9/ufile2021.zip

1) Highlight the above link and right click on it

2) click on the first item on the list for example.......open link in new tab......., this will download the file

3) after the file is downloaded it will say......... open file

4) click on open file and it will take you the the download folder

5) in the download folder, double click on the item that says......... Ufile 2021

6) Now you should be at the installation wizard,

7)from here just follow the wizard steps, and it will install the software.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

It's May 1 today.  Download link in the email and on their website does not install on a Windows 10 computer.  Unbelievable that U-File has not commented here, replaced the file, or provided a fix in the 4.5 months since the problem was discovered.  Useless company can't even reply to customer inquires or provide technical phone support on the busiest weekend of the year for tax returns.  I will never support them again.  Thank you again to Michael for his solution on Jan. 13.

• 9 months later...