Français

Line 23210

Stu

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello birchwood,

It's either on a T4A or T4E

(1.) T4A - Box 201

OTHER INFORMATION (COVID-19 benefits) (click on the triangle to see the list of choices)
(A payment of fees for services under code 028 should be entered in Box 048)

(2.) T4E

Overpayment recovered or repaid26

Reversal of income tax deducted27

Repayment of an overpayment (RL-6 box D)30

D

Repayment of an overpayment if different from T4E Box 30 (RL-6 box D)

D

Whether or not the averaging of the repaid amount should be considered by the Revenu Québec  No  Yes 

Repayment of the CERB (this amount is included in box 30)

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2023 at 4:42 PM, birchwood said:

Thanks @Geo123. I actually did find the T4E. It wasn't available the first time I checked. The amount was in boxes 26 & 30, then I just had to add the amount to "Repayment of the CERB (this amount is included in box 30)" line.

Do we include the amount that's in boxes 26 and 30 again on line 23210? The letter I got from service Canada is so confusing, it says I need to put the amount I repaid on 23210, but that info is already on the T4-E in my claim so I don't understand why I would put it again? Does anyone know about this?

Hello joshsteele,

Please see example below.

Total benefits paid (If blank, enter 0.)14    $0.00
Regular and other benefits paid15
Employment benefits and support measures paid17
Tax exempt benefits18
Taxable tuition assistance20
Non taxable tuition assistance21
Federal income tax deducted22
Quebec income tax deducted (Applies only if the issuer of this slip deducted Quebec income tax)23
Non resident tax deducted24
Overpayment recovered or repaid26   $1,111.00
Reversal of income tax deducted27
Repayment of an overpayment30    $1,111.00
Repayment of the CERB (this amount is included in box 30)   $1,111.00

• 4 weeks later...

I got the same letter but the amount on the letter does not relate to the amounts on the T4E.  When I went into the T4A section and entered the amount in box 201 and then viewed the return, the amount was entered on line 23200.  The letter said not to put it on 23200 but to put it on 23210.  This is very frustrating.  Having the entry in box 23200 increases my tax refund by $400.  I spent an hour on hold with ufile today and when I got through she could not hear me.  Beyond frustrating

Hello @Emma2B,

Sorry to hear you could not get trough to support. I tested entering an amount in box 201 on a T4A (and no other boxes completed), and when I view the Tax Return it automatically went to line 23210. This will lower you Net Income and will increase your refund.

Does your T4A have amounts in any of the other boxes? That could be why the behaviour is different for you.