Français

Inner Exception error

Ellbee

I am trying to get back into U-File after taking a short break but it will not load on my computer.  The message that comes up on the screen is:  "An error occurred while executing the command definition.  See the inner exception for details"  

Can anyone help with this?  I have already tried rebooting my computer but to no avail.....

The ufile.ca domain appears to be down at the moment:

https://www.websitenotworking.com/ufile.ca

CHECK WEBSITE STATUS

user guideThe domain name of the unreachable website

E.g.: If a webpage on the http://www.example.com/funny.html uri address is not reponding, please enter example.com as the domain name.

UFILE NOT WORKING TEST

ufile.ca is not working

test finished in: 5.379 seconds | updated @ 04/03/2022 11:43:11

Site ufile.ca is down for everyone, it is not just you.

PINGING UFILE.CA @ 69.90.87.117

Ping failed...
Ping failed...
Ping failed...
Ping failed...

* Ping failure does not necessary mean that the website is not working. Ping may be disabled on host by the sysadmin.

Having same issue for all my tax files/accounts.

Does anyone have a company-level link where it will be announced when this issue is fixed?

I tried contacting one of the admins. Just want to be sure if the technical team knows about the issue and working on a solution.

I would hate to have to move to another online tax tool 😞 

Ufile's technical department appears to be aware of the situation and currently working on it according to their Facebook page found here:

https://www.facebook.com/UFile/

Jeff Holliday
Any chance of you guy fixing the error that seems to be happening? There has been multiple people complaining on multiple platforms.
'An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details.'

• 42m

•  

8iuTX4LlGZO.pngAuthor
    UFile.ca
    Hello Jeff, our IT department is working on resolving the issue. Please try again later.

• 31m

It is now 4:20 pm Ottawa

I experienced same issue for some two hours but all just now restored for me.  It took almost 30 seconds or more to load.  Seems all my entered content has not been impacted

s/b ok now I hope 

2 hours ago, PhilTheBrown said:

Hi Ellbee!

Same thing is happening to me as well within the last 10 minutes but it was working flawlessly 30 minutes ago. There must be something wrong with Ufile's servers as I tried to sign out and signing back in but no success :(

Me

was just getting to the bulk of the difficult part of my return by entering the onslaught of T5008 entries, second entry in i get this same internal exception stupid error.

this now adds to my previous issue two years ago when ufile incorrectly calculated an optimization which double claimed deductions on both mine and my wife's making me owe based on a software error. I know its buried in the T's and C's of the software but between that flub and this glitch and the terrible load time with ufile this is seriously going backwards from how this software used to perform. 

maybe log in later this week and it will work since i'm guaranteed to not see a response any sooner. only thing worse than paying trudeau is dealing with half baked software. Have all year to test it and break it and still don't get it. even the damn attachment button in the message post doesn't work. unbelievable. 

On 4/11/2022 at 6:16 PM, Denis K said:

Thank you all for your patience.

The only post I saw in this conversation from an administrator was thanking everyone for their patience. Some information from a UFile admimistrator on what this error means and what is being done about it would be appreciated. It appears this is a recurrent issue.

magically working again.... for now... betting its a server related traffic issue and timing out on a refresh data  update thus throwing an exception.

raise prices, run more lean on your data center infrastructure, increase your bottom line.

i get it. only one laughing is the CEO of ufile.

• 1 year later...