Français

T4A page

GKoz

I'm getting an error message that says "Both fields have to be filled" on the T4A page. On my T4A slip that I received I only have Box 018, lump sum payment received and the Box 022 for income tax deducted. When I enter this information, Ufile will not calculate my tax return, because it requires "both fields" filled out, but it does not specify what fields exactly. I tried many different variations to try and fix this error with no luck. Anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks,

I have a similar issue.  The actual T4A slip has an amount in Box 018 and in Box 108. In U-File, this shows up as two lines for Box 018.  To the left of one box, the note related to Box 108 is selected from the dropdown, but when I downloaded the slips from the CRA website it didn't populate anything in the box to the left of the one that has the actual Box 018 amount in it.  U-File needs me to select something from the dropdown box on the left, but I have no idea which line to pick.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 5:42 PM, smflut said:

I have a similar issue.  The actual T4A slip has an amount in Box 018 and in Box 108. In U-File, this shows up as two lines for Box 018.  To the left of one box, the note related to Box 108 is selected from the dropdown, but when I downloaded the slips from the CRA website it didn't populate anything in the box to the left of the one that has the actual Box 018 amount in it.  U-File needs me to select something from the dropdown box on the left, but I have no idea which line to pick.

I am having exactly this issue also.  I tried selecting each option and end up owing what seemed like an unreasonable amount unless I choose the non-resident options which do not apply to me.  I got a second opinion by entering my numbers into TurboTax online and there was no awkward questions about box 18 and the amount owing came out much closer to the amount I was expecting and 1/3 of what ufile tells me that I need to pay.

Has anyone figured this out?  

T4A Error Box 18 and 108.jpg

• 11 months later...