Français

Error Code 21 now Error Code 15 when filing

Prothee

I have used Ufile many times before no issues, I input the same Netfile code every year it hasn't changed from notice to notice.  I input it this year and I got a file rejected with the red exclamation mark with a Result: 21 stating that "The Canada Revenue agency was unable to accept your return, as your NETFILE Access code did not match our records.  I attempted to close out Ufile and re try and re enter the code and re try and now I am getting a result 15 saying I have been locked out.  It is not a huge issue since I am owed a refund but I would like to get this resolved.  Is this a Ufile issue or a CRA issue?  If CRA issue I assume I will have to wait till the end of this strike for a resolution.  Please let me know what my next steps are.  Thanks, 

Hello Prothee,

These are both CRA issues.

Error Code 21
CRA Result Code: 21 The Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your return, as your NETFILE Access code did not match our records. Make sure you have the correct NETFILE Access Code (NAC).  Make sure you have the correct NETFILE Access Code (NAC).

CRA Result 15

Your account is locked, if you need assistance please contact us

• 10 months later...

I used the wrong return code (forgot to update to the last year return code as seen in the notice of assessment) and my NETFILE submission was rejected with the code 21.

I updated the return code but I cannot submit using NETFILE, because the option is not enabled, still shows as "File Rejected, code 21 ...".

I just talked to CRA and confirmed that there is nothing on their end causing this issue, it appears that UFILE software should reset somehow and allow me to submit again, since I made the required correction. How do I get the NETFILE option enabled again ?

Thanks,