Jump to content

Reporting Capital Gains on RSU

Recommended Posts

I worked for a US employer where part of the compensation package includes RSUs. I have sell-to-cover enabled upon vesting. I also sold this stock in the same year and am looking for guidance on how to report capital gains. More specifically, I've entered the total proceeds and adjusted cost basis under the Capital gains (or losses) and ABIL section - but I am not sure if I should include T4 box 38 under the line that says: Stock option benefits included as employment income (T4 box 38).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello taxracquet,

Please contact the CRA 

1-800-959-8281 for inquiries related to individuals.

 Telephone numbers – Canada Revenue Agency / CRA wait times:



FYI : 20 January 2021 Internal T.I. 2019-0832211I7 - Cross-border Restricted Share Units



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...